Nollamara became a Parish on 10 March 1958, Rev. Rupert Kelly was appointed as its first Parish Priest. The Parish church is situated at 269 Flinders Street, Nollamara. Early in February 1958 the School of Our Lady of Lourdes was established and officially opened by His Grace Redmond Prendiville on Sunday, 7 September 1958. The front rooms of the school were furnished as a temporary chapel. The Sisters of Mercy, Sister Mary Angela, Sister Mary Alphonsus and Sister Mary Stephen came from St. Brigid’s Convent West Perth as the first teachers.
The building of the Parish church commenced in February 1967. The church was blessed and opened on Sunday 24 September 1967 by the Most Rev. M McKeon DD. Special Lourdes water was brought from the grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes in France and was used by the Bishop for the blessing of the church.
Father Brian O’Loughlin was appointed as Assistant Priest in August 1974 for two years.
The year 1976 saw the purchase of a house situated on the corner of Morley Drive and Marda Way as the presbytery.
In July 1984 Father Rupert Kelly celebrated his 40th Anniversary as a priest. Father Kelly died 30 August 1992.
Father Joe Walsh was appointed Parish Priest and took up his appointment on 20 May 1993. He was followed by Father Laurence Murphy SDS who was appointed Parish Priest in April 2001.
Father Stanislaw Bendkowski SDS, our present Parish Priest, arrived in the Parish on 21 January 2013. He belongs to a Religious Order, the Society of the Divine Saviour (SDS).